SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Simlympic BAT Pack

+9
Joe 90
canuck3360
woodb3kmaster
Engorn
psander5
stoney525
dljrfn2000
Matt
Slacker
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Winter Simlympic BAT Pack - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter Simlympic BAT Pack

Post by Kumba Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Yep, be patient it'll come when it comes Smile No need to spam the thread.
Kumba
Kumba
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Alright... so as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, unfortunately here I am; the Winter Simlympic BAT Pack won't be out in time to meet our original plane. The original plane was to have it out before bidding started, so bidders could use the BATs in their bid. However, due to factors entirely out of our control, we've just run out of time and had to move to plan B. I know this really sucks and I feel your pain Sad.

Plan B is, I feel, a fairly good replacement though. The Pack will be released, as a sort of reward I suppose, to the host of the second Winter Simlympics. The host will be able to then use the pack during the Winter Simlympics. The pack will then be released publicly during the Opening Ceremony of the Winter Simlympics. Although I know this isn't perfect, it isn't as bad as it first appears; quite a lot of the BATs (Temporary stands, ski gates, starting line etc) are the type of things you wouldn't necessarily see in a bid anyway. They're the little touches added by the host.

Again, my apologies... but I hope you can understand the sheer size of the project and then begin to see how easily delays could (and did) occur.

But, on the plus side - we're opening bidding right now!
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998

Back to top Go down

Post by Slacker Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:32 am

Okay, we screwed up pretty badly with this and the blame falls on me. This was always going to be a hard project, and I sincerely believed we would get it done, however it wasn't to be and for that I apologise. However, the good news is that the lack of a winter BAT pack failed to have a negative effect on either the bidding sessions or the games.

We will try our upmost to have the pack done in time for the next Winter Simlympics; it really is a beast and will be worth the wait Smile.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998

Back to top Go down

Post by dcmetro3479 Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:51 am

Nice, I hope you do! Although, by scrounging around on the STEX; I found quite a few of the venues. Smile
dcmetro3479
dcmetro3479

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by TylerD30 Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:47 pm

like what patrick?
TylerD30
TylerD30

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by dljrfn2000 Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 am

TylerD30 wrote:like what patrick?

yeah the only ones I've seen are the skiing venues which were by PEG and I assume completely unrelated to the wintersimlympic pack.

ALTHOUGH.... while on the subject I have an observation/request. While watching the olympic games I've noticed one thing..... the inclusion of the rings.... EVERYWHERE! Is there any chance someone could whip together an olympic rings pack similar to the one on the STEX already.... but that actually works?
dljrfn2000
dljrfn2000

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by TylerD30 Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 am

Theres a curling center on the stex too... but that and the ski thing are the only ones i've seen.
TylerD30
TylerD30

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:12 am

Hmm I should check that out Question
Wacky32
Wacky32

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2010-01-12