SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EU President & Foreign Secretary

2 posters

Go down

EU President & Foreign Secretary Empty EU President & Foreign Secretary

Post by Slacker Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:46 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8367589.stm

Belgian PM Van Rompuy to become the first European Council President, so called 'President of Europe'.
British EU Trade Commissioner Cathy Ashton to become High Representative for Foreign Affairs, 'Foreign Secretary of Europe'

Reaction?
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

EU President & Foreign Secretary Empty Re: EU President & Foreign Secretary

Post by Slacker Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:48 am

I'm personally quite annoyed by the choices...

We needed a big name President, someone who could walk into Washinton or Beijing and be respected. We needed Tony Blair. Instead we get an unknown Belgian.

Foreign Secretary isn't as bad. Pleased it's a Brit and she's very good at what she does, pragmatic and efficient. Should've been Miliband though, he's an arse kicker.

Edit: Haha, I didn't mean to have both Blair and Millband (Although that would've been perfect Razz). Obviously to have both positions filled by Britons and by lefties would've been inconceivable. Blair would've been first choice, with a centre right person from a smaller member state as foreign secretary.
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Monegasque Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:06 am

Agreed Van Rompuy? anyone ever heard of him?
Okay he is the prime minister of Belgium, but how small is belgium? i hardly doubt any American will know who he is! they hardly know where France is (no Offense to the smarter Americans)
I would of prefered Blair, to be honest he was a good Prime minister even though he was losing his touch, but that happens with age, i guess.
oh' and yeah, Rompuy is part of the The Christian Democratic and Flemish party~ that could be a problem No
Monegasque
Monegasque
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down