SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!

3 posters

Go down

Help! Empty Help!

Post by dghh70 Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:46 am

Can someone please help me in building a sim city? everytime i buildthe cities only havea couple thousand people, bankrupt, and angry citizens. All the other sites and videos have failed me. So can anyone give me shots of how to layout the cities and surrounding cities, would be greatly appreciated, and please no add ons in layout. I would really like to have a city for the olympics and such.

Ps. excuse the grammer, and wrong location, and I am new.

dghh70

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-02

Back to top Go down

Help! Empty Re: Help!

Post by canuck3360 Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:14 am

well first off welcome to the the site

secondly there was no need to post two threads of exactly the same thing I deleted the secondary one in the CJ section

as to building cities

1-You need to plan them out and have them build also having neighboring cities helps as they feed off of each other.
2-no add ons? well without add ons the city will not be very stylised I still use Maxis created buildings but I also use alot of add ons to get a better looking city.
3-also on add ons some building spur growth when I plop certain education and civic buildings it helps a area grow
4-if you want to get growing sometimes cheats are needed I have one that has my starting budget at 999,999,999,999 to start the game
5-practice and patience is a virtue lost in this world these days.
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dghh70 Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:48 am

How do you get the budget that high, and what is the code?

dghh70

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:58 am

it was a download off of Simtropolis that sets your budget when you start a city at that rate
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Melbourne Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:11 pm

i personally dont start out to create a beautifull, well planned utopia. I start with an extremely poor city with as much industry as I can get in. Coupled with this i pack in as much R$ as possible and i only put fire stations in. This earns HEAPS of $$$ which will allow you in future to 'upgrade' the city, but keep the industry far away from the residential, keep in mind, this is all in the one city.

Once you have a decent sized population, 20k+, start to introduce schools hospitals and police stations. this will start to bring in wealthier people, then once you have a decent commercial sector, put 20% tax on dirty and manufacturing. This will earn you HEAPS more $$ and will allow you to then rebuild your city and eventually replace the industry with high-tec or residential or commercial.

I only really network once my city is full and i want mroe commercial demand.

hope this helps! i was like you too, but this changed me!
Melbourne
Melbourne
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: