SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A personal message from me

5 posters

Go down

A personal message from me Empty A personal message from me

Post by Slacker Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:40 am

This may get quite long, but hear me out.

First things first, I'd like to apologise for a number of things:

1) I've been too inactive. I'm not going to give you excuses, but just know I will try my upmost to put more time into this site within the coming days and weeks.

2) We screwed up the Winter Games. Again, no excuses. No blame needs to be handed out; I take full responsibility and I can promise you it won't happen again. Many aspects of the games were fantastic, and on a number of important issues we're making real progress but overall the games wasn't what you've come to expect from us. We let you down and I'm sorry for that.

3) Maybe we haven't been as open as we should've been. The Simlympics (and SimSports for that matter) is quite a colossal organisation, a lot of people spend a lot of time ensuring we deliver something fun and exciting for your enjoyment. At the end of the day, the only reason we do this is because we love the games and we love the fact it draws hundreds of people from across the World together. But I suppose the ISC can sometimes be seen as distant, not receptive to change, too stuck in our ways when in reality this is far from the truth. We want to hear your feedback, we actively encourage it, your ideas can help shape the Simlympics and this site for the better. From now on, we'll listen more and be more receptive.

A number of promises:

1) The May games will be the best Simlympics ever. Period. Full stop. No ifs, no buts. We will blow your mind.

2) We will restore the community feel to SimSports. I like to think of this site as a place where anybody from any website, any union, any country can come together to discuss our love of sports, our love of Sim City and our love of anything else which may take our fancy. We've been here for coming on 3 years (or is it 4 years...?) and whilst our foundations remain as strong as ever, perhaps we've lost that spark that was once here. But it shall return.

3) We intend to make SimSports and the Simlympics better than ever, but we cannot do this alone. If you have an active interest in the success of this site and the success of the Simlympics then help us out in any way you can Smile.

4) Union squabbles will never make there way into the games or this site. We are an apolitical, union-neutral site. Do not bring union arguments here and we will continue to ensure our impartiality as a Committee in such matters.

And finally... if you have an issues, suggestions or comments on the Simlympics or SimSports the easiest way to fix something is to post, or to PM me or let someone know. We're not mind readers, if there is something you want changing let us know and we'll see what we can do. Remember, as I said above, we're here to provide you with enjoyment. We all spend our free time here, if we're not getting enjoyment out of it then why bother? And let's face it, no-one enjoys petty squabbles, rivalries or negativity. We've never had it at this site and I'm quite upset to see it creeping in. I don't believe we've ever done anything to annoy people, or cause anger or resentment. If we have, I apologise; talk to me and we can discuss it.

We do not take our duties lightly. The Simlympics has become more than I could ever have wished. We work tirelessly to improve the games, to provide you with an enjoyable event. We think long and hard about our selection of host, knowing for each jubilant yes there will be 4 or 5 heart breaking no's. We regard impartiality and fairness as paramount. We treat our position as guardians of the games with great care.

We're in the 4th year of the Simlympics, coming up to our 14th games. I'm proud of this, no-one has ever achieved such heights. Its down to your support just as much as it is our passion. We have no intentions of stopping, no intentions of giving up or letting our standards slip. The Simlympics will continue, and in fact it will be better, bigger, stronger and more friendly.

You can hold me to this post.

I love you
Slacker
Slacker
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 2998
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

A personal message from me Empty Re: A personal message from me

Post by cormiermax Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:58 am

Im glad to see you back Slacker Smile
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:01 am

It's great to see you again Slacker. I look forward to the May games and indeed beyond it here on Simsports. Very Happy
Neil
Neil

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2008-08-01

http://flavors.me/neilmoore#_

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:37 am

Welcomb Back! Glad to read that! Very Happy Razz
Blakeway
Blakeway

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-11-29

http://aoin.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigKingOfIreland Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:05 am

Slacker wrote:The May games will be the best Simlympics ever. Period. Full stop. No ifs, no buts. We will blow your mind.

Intrigued...really intrigued ^.^
CraigKingOfIreland
CraigKingOfIreland
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down