SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Chandler III

+10
2b2gbi
cormiermax
Emperador gran dios
Bruce
JetShadez66
canuck3360
Wacky32
simsamerica
Blakeway
K50
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Chandler III - Page 2 Empty Re: New Chandler III

Post by K50 Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:48 am

Thank you Will... the map is incomplete, it is a very big system.

New Chandler III - Page 2 Ncup11header

This entry has high quality pictures if you right click on the image, and view image (or open image in new tab for my fellow Google Chrome users). If you don't have Google Chrome, get it.

The New Chandler CBD is in one of New Chandler's most beautiful settings, where the Western River meets the Pacific Ocean. Because the CBD is on the coast, it can get a bit windy down on the streets, with all the flat buildings pushing air down on them.
New Chandler III - Page 2 Ncup11pic2

The NCnews and NCsports Channel 2 have their headquarters and studio in this building. Projectors can illuminate simple designs onto the white surface for people on Bloomingdale Parkway to see. The NCsports group frequently uses the football field at the top of the building for demonstrations by the commentators, or, on occasion, guest speaking professional athletes.
New Chandler III - Page 2 Ncup11pic1

One of the CBD's off grid roads. In the corner is the immense New Chandler Airways Center, the largest completely indoor arena in Central America, boasting a maximum capacity of 42,000 (it's also 42,000 in the real world, although it (tokyo dome) can hold 55,000)
New Chandler III - Page 2 Ncup11pic8

The largest park in the CBD (which is only about two and a half blocks) lies at the bottom of this picture.
New Chandler III - Page 2 Ncup11pic7

The southern part of the CBD.
New Chandler III - Page 2 Ncup11pic4

New Chandler III - Page 2 Ncup11pic5

The east side of the CBD, which is still under development. The three tallest buildings are here (two of the tallest buildings are shown on opposite corners of the avenue intersection, while the third tallest building's highest point is visible off to the left side).
New Chandler III - Page 2 Ncup11pic3

Lastly, the New Chandler CityDome and its iconic LED screen.
New Chandler III - Page 2 Ncup11pic6

Hope you liked it!
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:17 am

Wow...that's a great CBD! Love the photoshopping on the "CityDome" and NcNews HQ...and btw, that's not a football/soccer pitch/field, its a futsal (indoor soccer) court.
Bruce
Bruce

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:18 am

where did you get the New Chandler Airways Center?
Wacky32
Wacky32

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2010-01-12

http://sibf.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:14 am

NCA center - http://tokyo-urbanlab.jpn.org/Sim-Jpn-LM-003.htm

New Chandler III - Page 2 5823aa12

I just realized the other day the only time I really showed Roseburgh was during the ISC session, which wasn't an official entry. So, today I am going to show you Roseburgh, the city directly to the North of La Brea, and to the West of Winchester.

Roseburgh is famous for two things: The American house styling, and the massive Highway 612.
New Chandler III - Page 2 4672722b

The city blocks in the Southern part of Roseburgh are commercial area encasing residential area. The people living by the Metro line (that is the C line, which we "rode" a few entries ago). often commute to Winchester, a commerce hub in New Chandler. Sorry about the top part of the "pause" box being there, thats kind of strange....
New Chandler III - Page 2 C644d388

In the Northern part of Roseburgh, there is some resedential....
New Chandler III - Page 2 14e1a7cc

But much more commercial.
New Chandler III - Page 2 8ec21d69

This area is home to one of New Chandler's largest national bus company's main hub. It's it also the start of the X line on the Metro, making its location help regional commuters.
New Chandler III - Page 2 6de0e5f6

A lot of Maxis in this one.... yikes!
New Chandler III - Page 2 F01a4478

And finally, the iconic Roseburgh Convention Center
New Chandler III - Page 2 D33dc34e
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:49 am

Wow! Very nice, K50! Where did you get the convention center in the last picture?
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:17 am

ComputerGuy: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=14069

New Chandler III - Page 2 A17297f5

Winchester is on the opposite side of the Western River, due East of Roseburgh. Over the last twenty years it has become one of New Chandler's bustling commerce and entertainment hubs.
New Chandler III - Page 2 4c7a5857

The Winchester Spur highway, connecting the 612 to the 43, is empty today. It divides the downtown from the Embarcadero District.
New Chandler III - Page 2 65e93e0c

The Embarcadero District houses high rises, Mediterranean-styled apartments and shop fronts, and beautiful views of the river.
New Chandler III - Page 2 8dae83f4

Embarcadero Park is the largest and funnest (and only) theme park in the country.
New Chandler III - Page 2 F32338d5

Across the freeway from Embarcadero Park is the Upper Downtown, mostly made up of medium wealth high rises.
New Chandler III - Page 2 0fa8d498

Travelling down Young Avenue, you can pass the Financial District, where tall buildings and the Winchester Garden make the true contrast between entertainment and business.
New Chandler III - Page 2 275cf7f3

Finally, on the evening commute, you can fear one of the countries most ridiculous interchanges!
New Chandler III - Page 2 Fd6fb731

Thats all for now. Before you ask me "K50, why are your pictures smaller?" I hacked the game resolution to 1366x768, and with the forums not allowing that I have to scale them all to 800x450. I am trying to find a way to be able to show the full HD photo (like what Haljackey did with Greater Terrain Region) but Photobucket won't let me go higher than 1024x768, unfortunately.

Also, New Chandler is being rebuilt, so I am going to stop building on this version of New Chandler. Don't worry though, unlike the Cultan Republic, there won't be much of a hiatus, because I still have a number of places I haven't shown yet. The inspirations for New Chandler 2.0 are probably going to be shown on CSGforums and the AIN forums, so you can know what I am trying to build, and my progress doing so.

Until then, enjoy Winchester!
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:30 pm

No header today, sorry....

The capitol building of New Chandler 1.0, New Chandler 2.0 will have a different one.
New Chandler III - Page 2 471b94a1

Down the "Capitol Green" is the Department of Foreign Affairs.
New Chandler III - Page 2 E5cb0ee4

Near the green are medium-density housing, New Chandler law prohibits buildings being taller than the capitol building within five miles of it (unless it is on the other side of the river).
New Chandler III - Page 2 C950d939

The same applies to shops and businesses. And there are lots of them here.
New Chandler III - Page 2 5e659113

New Chandler III - Page 2 227c44a7

A mosque is in the corner of this picture. The New Chandler Metro splits the avenues here as it heads to the CBD or to La Brea.
New Chandler III - Page 2 E96ec8b4

And out of topic, to end this entry, since you guys all love the CBD....
New Chandler III - Page 2 799bdd69

See you around!
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:17 pm

couple things
one seems you have a trash problem,you should look into some alternatives to the landfill like PEG's Garbage chute to help aleviate the issue
two the second to last picture is great I love it
and also maybe you should look at the terrain under elevated train mod(I can't remeber exactly what it's called lol) either way great pics as always
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:53 pm

canuck3360 wrote:
one seems you have a trash problem,you should look into some alternatives to the landfill like PEG's Garbage chute to help aleviate the issue
This is going to seem strange, but NC city was inspired by New York City (went in June for the first time). I like a little bit of trash. But I will make sure NC 2.0 won't have that (next month). I have the chute Wink

two the second to last picture is great I love it
Nothing wrong with making SC4 pictures your desktop backgrounds Razz kidding

and also maybe you should look at the terrain under elevated train mod(I can't remeber exactly what it's called lol) either way great pics as always
I was expecting someone to say that. I probably should have photoshopped (or should I say "GIMP'd" it lol!), I am not really a fan of the mod.... Thanks for the comment though, all of the room for improvement is nice Smile
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:39 am

Well I can surely see you desire to get the NYC look with the trash(I live 45 minutes outside Manhatten) but the SC trash just doesn't seem to work right maybe GIMP in the trash look?

and yeah the mod isn't the best but it is pretty nice I've gotten it looking better in a lot of areas that I run my tacks

and when I bid Laval the first time my Desktop pic was of Downtown Laval at night I fell in love with the shot I took
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:24 pm

It's kind of been a while. This update isn't my best, but this is the first update from New Chandler 2.0, so you get a little taste of things.
New Chandler III - Page 2 A016d347

Just for giggles, something I did with a few trees and god mode terraforming, sort of a crater lake but only about thirty feet deep....
New Chandler III - Page 2 Cee8705e

This is called SimCity for a reason though....
New Chandler III - Page 2 7b6872cb

University of Avondale, a small college in the town of West Avondale, on the southernmost island in the Indian Ocean archipelago where New Chandler is.*
New Chandler III - Page 2 03ba0c0a

Some beautiful apartments with houses under construction in their shadows.
New Chandler III - Page 2 7b6872cb

The civic center includes a quiet park for prayers with people from the church and the mosque nearby. Also there is a school and the tallest building in West Avondale, along with some apartments. The tall building is office.
New Chandler III - Page 2 838072e0

Okay, now to end this petite entry, something I absolutely HATE doing. Showing incomplete area
New Chandler III - Page 2 A33a30f8

So, since I am feeling a little bored, [size=150]YOU CAN VOTE HERE!!![/size] I don't know where I should go with this town. I am not sure if I should go more suburbs, or more agriculture.

For each area say residential, commercial, industrial (medium/high density), or agriculture. Each area gets one vote from you. You can skip areas, and you can use the same zone more than once (for example, you can say all residential if you want). So you can build West Avondale, and I am going to build East Avondale off of the Commonwealth of St. George, one of the greatest towns on one of the most challenging maps in my opinion. Too bad it was so short-lived.

Remember to vote, and thanks for reading. I will try to get another update sooner than later, because eight days is way too long....

***New Chandler 2.0 is not in Middle America, it's in the Indian Ocean, part of Africa! Smile
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:31 am

hey K50 I think you need to find a different photobucket account or different site I was gonna feature this CJ on the ticker but 75% of your pics are on Bandwith exceeded
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:12 am

canuck3360 wrote:hey K50 I think you need to find a different photobucket account or different site I was gonna feature this CJ on the ticker but 75% of your pics are on Bandwith exceeded
This is the last month it will happen, I have two photobucket accounts right now, and I will probably up it to three given that this journal is becoming quite popular (especially on Simtropolis) It should revert in two days.
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:51 am

ok great it will be featured in the ticker eventually then!
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:05 pm

canuck3360 wrote:ok great it will be featured in the ticker eventually then!
What will it say? Thanks for doing this, it's very nice of you! Smile
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:23 pm

dunno till I write it if you notice a CJ is featured at all times
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:27 pm

I see. Well now you can see something! Smile

New Chandler III - Page 2 805f93d4

New Chandler III - Page 2 07579bac

New Chandler III - Page 2 68178c3a

New Chandler III - Page 2 39385d39

New Chandler III - Page 2 3d8bfe47

To end this entry, I leave you with a mosaic. I didn't break it up though, so you can view it by clicking the next image...

New Chandler III - Page 2 49277d07
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:10 am

No comments? Crying or Very sad
New Chandler III - Page 2 2bc0905a

In the last entry we explored some landmarks of Sophanem, like Sunshine Stadium...
New Chandler III - Page 2 Dd68cf55

But did you know that you were only teased?
New Chandler III - Page 2 372c78f9

Woah, was that Downtown Sophanem?
New Chandler III - Page 2 Ad25d83e

And the place where they are bidding for a minor AIN summit, in the government meeting hall?
New Chandler III - Page 2 Aa9acda5

The one in beautiful wooded Sophanem City Park?
New Chandler III - Page 2 9be8b78f

Yes it was. Always expect the unexpected. Welcome to the first big city in New Chandler 2.0.
New Chandler III - Page 2 893559c0

New Chandler III - Page 2 5a81ac9a
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:33 am

very nice btw don't get disheartened by the lack of comments sometimes that's gonna happen I know I don't always wanna say nice or great etc... it's all good man very well done as a whole
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:59 pm

I don't have a problem with a lack of comments canuck, this journal is on CSGforums, AIN forums, Simtropolis, and Simmania Razz so I have six different places to get feedback, and I get plenty of it (simsports has always been the place where I don't get as much feedback, after all, it wasn't built for a CJ section, it was built for community activities).

Why don't you want to say nice or great? Are you envious Razz kidding (I know what you mean)
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:18 am

ooof, it's been a while pale sorry for the absence. You can vote on this entry though, to allow (or disallow) a professional team to move out of a stadium too small for them. Remember, think economically! Smile

New Chandler III - Page 2 1bf1cdd6

New Chandler III - Page 2 Be3a3358

New Chandler III - Page 2 E3973a01

New Chandler III - Page 2 Fe2a2c79

New Chandler III - Page 2 A6717bcd

New Chandler III - Page 2 3f8beff5

New Chandler III - Page 2 23b963ea
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:08 am

Love the university. I say move to the new stadium. The old stadium grounds can be converted into dorms.

Where did you get the orange buildings in the first and second pics? I love 'em!
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:04 am

Thanks Bruce! By the way votes have decided that it is better for the new stadium to not be built, Winchester FC will continue to share the university's stadium instead.

New Chandler III - Page 2 4f59cb66

We are going a bit farther North of University of Winchester on this entry.
New Chandler III - Page 2 Fb16955c

The apartments here are a bit older and more dense. They still have the open areas in the middle, however.
New Chandler III - Page 2 6fa7935e

A zoomed-in picture.
New Chandler III - Page 2 Dbe1a208

In this image you can see two newly built high rise apartments.
New Chandler III - Page 2 684ebf53

Lets not forget, though, that no residential area in New Chandler is far from a park full of trees and fountains.
New Chandler III - Page 2 E091d5a6

In the city, they aren't far from the New Chandler Metro either. This park-and-ride station is the next one up the line from University of Winchester, about two-thirds of a mile down Young Avenue.
New Chandler III - Page 2 0ccc3087

Finally, I leave you with a mosaic. No, not that kind of mosaic Razz
New Chandler III - Page 2 6b36f8e5

I will see if I can pull off another update soon, it will be posted during the week if I can do it. Thanks for reading!
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:10 am

I thought COFR disbanded?

Edit: Thats the breakaway from AIN?
simsamerica
simsamerica

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-12-14

http://sc4united.darkbb.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:22 am

simsamerica wrote:I thought COFR disbanded?

Edit: Thats the breakaway from AIN?
Very smart thinking will Smile Yes it is.
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: