SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW)

+10
simsamerica
Liberater444
Birchbark
Bruce
emperordaniel
Emperador gran dios
K50
canuck3360
2b2gbi
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW)

Post by 2b2gbi Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:38 am

Thanks. Smile

There are outer roadways and a light rail/subway network.

2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:00 am

Hello again everyone, I have a short update for you today. We are once again going to be exploring the area around the city of Purto Masculo, shown in white on the far right on the below map:

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Insulomapa

This update is going to highlight some more natural scenes outside the city and in the foothills of the mountains.

This photo shows a winery and cattle ranch near the base of the foothills and accessible only by narrow gravel roads, this region is famous for it's fine white wines. The power lines shown provide power from hydroelectric dams in the mountains to the city.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Purtomasc9

The next picture shows a group of loggers working in front of a dried river bed. Logging in the region is heavily restricted with age limits and quotas to prevent deforestation.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Purtomasc10

The final picture shows a rest stop along TIE-284 heading toward the border with Posillipo in the beautiful and peaceful forest east of the city.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Purtomasc11

Hope you enjoyed this rather short update, I might not be able to do updates as often for a while because I have returned to school. I will, however, try to get at least one update each month.Sorry about that.

-Jon
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:52 am

I love the very short update very very nice area
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Lovely update Jon! I especially like the pic with the dried river Shocked
emperordaniel
emperordaniel

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2011-01-10
Location : Lake Tranquil Royal Palace and Castle, Republican Kingdom of Grand and Belluterra

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Hello everyone,

Today we take a trip back to Jonesboro for a quick teaser of Fulton Mill, a historical and Industrial district just south of downtown.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Fultonmillpreview

A full update of this area will be coming a soon as I can finish it, but I'm rather busy so I'm not sure when that will be. Hope you liked this little sneak peek.

-Jon
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:37 am

Well I haven't posted an update in a really long time, and I don't have one ready for you today. However, I do have some unreleased pictures I could show you that got cut from some updates or I never made the whole update. So in the meantime enjoy these three pictures and I'll try and get an update out sometime in the near future.

This is really old and related to the Andalusian war, I might have a flashback update sometime with the other pics I took in this scene that are photoshopped for that. This one is just a picture of the area I used to make other pictures.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Compound

This next picture is a quick look or maybe a teaser of a Jonesboro Update I may or may not end up making. I've become a bit bored with Jonesboro at the moment.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Fultonmill1

And finally a picture of something else I'm working on, this is almost definitely a teaser of something I want to work more with. Changing styles is what keeps me interested in this game. This is from Borola, a overseas possession of Insulo in between two war-torn states. This area is very impoverished and home to numerous refugees from it's neighbors, and is also very tropical.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Borola1

Hope you enjoyed this random assortment, I will hopefully have something more organized for you soon.

-Jon
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:07 am

Hello everyone, time for a real update. Today we are visiting the Insulonian Special District of Borola, a small sliver of land on the island of Borola and the poorest area in Insulo. It is bordered by North and South Borola, two nations that have traditionally engaged in war. North Borola is currently ruled by a military junta, and has seen massive amounts of political violence, resulting in an influx of refugees to Insulonian Borola. The special district is almost entirely comprised by the massive city of Lakit, which with an estimated permanent population of 8,995,462 is far and away the largest city in Insulo. It is believed there may be many more people here living for who have not been accounted for or are living in the city temporarily as migrant workers or refugees.

We'll start in the far western sectorr, outside the city, where one of the last parcels of forest left in the Special district has become home to many refugees and impoverished people. The government is attempting to reduce the amount of squatter settlements by building cheap housing, but construction has been mired by bad weather and cannot keep up with the massive numbers of people coming into the special district. In this shot we see the edge of a slum called Sungai Sedikit.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Borola1

And here we see a highway embankment through a frequently flooded area that is known as Setanrawa.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Borola3

Now we move into a more dense area, Cendawan City. This was once a smaller city but has now been enveloped into the giant city of Lakit, and has since become a less than desirable area of town, but is famous for it's lively markets and celebrations.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Borola2

One of the areas where there has been the most progress in Borola is the creation of employment opportunity through the bringing in of industry. Here we see the Lilin Industrial Park, where there are many oil refineries.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Borola4

Finally we visit a nicer area of town, a suburb called Teratai. Many people who would be considered middle class live here, and it is typical of many of the wealthier suburbs around Lakit.

This image is large mosaic, click the below placeholder to see it in it's full glory. It will take a while to load, as it is close to 20mb in size and comprised of 20 smaller images, but I think the wait is more than worth it.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Borolamosaiccover

Hope you enjoyed this update, I hope to get some more out before the new year (maybe even a New Year's Update) as I should have more time during Winter Break.

Until Next Time,
Jon
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Happy New Years to everyone from Kansas City and Insulo!

I don't have a flashy New Years related pic, but I have a little preview of a city I'm working on right now. The city is Talia in central Insulo, it's often referred to as the birthplace of the revolution that freed Insulo from it's Fascist regime in 1985. The scene you see below is the historically important Republic Square. I'll get more into the History in the full update.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Taliapreview

-Jon
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:58 am

That looks pretty awesome jon, excellent photoshopping and i'd give you a criticism if I could Smile

Will
simsamerica
simsamerica

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-12-14

http://sc4united.darkbb.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Talia1head

Hello everyone, sorry I didn't get this out earlier this week, I wanted to polish some things in the rural areas but my game has been difficult, but I think I've got it working right again. Today we revisit Talia, a city in the hilly interior of Insulo. Nestled in a valley along the Rio Vino on the western end of the Terrefuego mountain range on the border of the provinces of Terrefuego and Vinola.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Insulomapa

Without further ado, let's get into the pictures. I only have three new pictures today, but this is the first part of this update. The next portion will be posted sometime later this week.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Taliapreview

Most of you probably recognize this picture, as this is the one from my teaser on New Years Eve. This image shows the Plaza de la República, the main square in the city. On the left you can see the Talia Cathedral, which is the only building that directly bordered the original square on this place. This square was the site of a horrific massacre of 306 protesters in 1984 by the ruling group at the time, the Insulonian Nationalist Party, a fascist faction that ruled in a totalitarian manner from 1910 until their overthrow in 1985. The new mayor of Talia in 1984, Don Capel, opposed the nationalists, and allowed a rally to be organized in his city demanding reforms. Troops surrounded the square and arrested Don Capel, and when a protester reportedly threw a rock in the direction of a line of soldiers they opened fire. The event turned most of Insulo against the regime and ultimately resulted in its downfall. The fountain is part of the memorial for the victims of the massacre that extends further to the right out of view. We will see that in the next part of this update.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Talia1

Now, to mix it up, we venture far outside the city to Lago Espejo National Park, a relatively small park surrounding it's namesake lake, which is home to rare alpine marshs. Here we see a cabin that can be leased in the park.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Talia2

Here we see a house under construction on a high plain in the mountains outside Talia. This area is prime for cattle ranching and many people who wish to escape the bustle of the city to build their dream homes and live a simpler life on a ranch. This homeowner has chosen to camp in his caravan while his house is being built.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Talia3

Lastly we see a stadium built for Insulo's most controversial pastime, bullfighting. The stadium is busy place most weekends, with many events other than bullfighting being staged in it as well.

Hope you enjoyed this short update,
- Jon -

2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by 111222333444 Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:02 pm

Very Nice, Jon!
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 am

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskiahead1

Hello everyone,

Some of you may remember me, I know it's been a rather long time since I've had an update (it's been eight months now I believe). I am sorry, especially since I never posted anything explaining this long hiatus. There were two reasons for my absence. Firstly, I wanted to focus more on my school work during my last semester of High School during which I had several difficult classes (Somehow all my easy Senior classes ended up in the first semester). Secondly, both my Sim City game and my computer experienced some issues. I was no longer able to open my cities in SC4 without crashing, and I could not locate the source of the issue. Additionally, my computer became increasingly hard to use with each passing day. These issues combined to keep me away from SC4. I now have a new laptop and the school year is long over, and I hope to now have time to resume my journal. Updates will continue to be on a very erratic schedule as my updates always have been, but there should be several a month barring any more circumstances that would impede my playing the game.

So without further ado, welcome to Kaskaskia. If you have followed my CJ in the past you've already been here, but neither of us were aware of it. The city of Jonesboro finds it's home in the eastern portion of the country as you can see in the map below.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskiadetails

Kaskaskia is based off the American Midwest and South, so Jonesboro more than fits here. I decided I wanted to do more in this style and expand on Jonesboro, so I have created a whole new nation. Insulo still exists as well, but it may be a rather long time before it sees the light of day again. This is due to both lack of interest and the fact that since I have had to completely restart my collection of plugins (kept in a much more organized fashion this time) I do not have the vast number of plugins I used in Insulo. At this time I have only restocked my American style plugins.

And now, a few images of areas around Kaskaskia.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia1

A farmer harvests corn in rural Jefferson County as a car passes on the gravel road.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia2

Families enjoy a campsite in Swope Nature Reserve, located in southwestern Lincoln County.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia3

Cows rest while people traverse the roads of rural Alexandria County.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia4

People enjoy the pleasant weather by exploring the galleries and bistros of the South Granger Arts District in Salem.

And now for something a bit different in the second part of this update.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskiahead2

(Please allow image some time to load)

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kona2

Big news appears on the front page of the KONA website, the number one online news source in Kaskaskia.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia5

Workers rush to complete a fire break, the last line of defense for the town of Ross Grove.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia8

Buses rush past the roadblock to pick up the last evacuees from Ross Grove.

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia6

By 11PM, the fire has reached the edge of town, and embers blown in on the wind spark small fires in the eerily dark town center.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this, hope you enjoyed it.

- Jon
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by 111222333444 Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:55 am

Wow, nice Smile
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:44 am

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskiahead3
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia7
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kskbreak1
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia9
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kskbreak2
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia10
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kskbreak3
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia11
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kskbreak4
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kskbreak5
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by RepublicMaster Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:45 pm

This looks great ,your countryside has so much detail and your canal in the first pic is nice. (By the way where did u get it from?) Very Happy
RepublicMaster
RepublicMaster
I was wcraig before the operation.

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2010-12-19

http://www.assen.comlu.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic.destiny Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Every bit of your work is a very high quality job.

wcraig: I think they are from moonlight and should be in here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/moonlinght/archives/cat_59226.html
mystic.destiny
mystic.destiny
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by RepublicMaster Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 pm

mystic.destiny wrote:
wcraig: I think they are from moonlight and should be in here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/moonlinght/archives/cat_59226.html

Thanks, I went on and found some really cool stuff on there Very Happy (found them too)

Last edited by wcraig on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
RepublicMaster
RepublicMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 111222333444 Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:04 am

That's Nice Jon D:
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 AodaiheadInsulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 TokukaiaInsulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Aodaibreak1Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 TokukaibInsulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Aodaibreak2Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 TokukaicInsulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Aodaibreak3Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 TokukaidInsulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Aodaibreak4Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 AodairuralaInsulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Aodaibreak5Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 AodairuralbInsulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Aodaibreak6

This side project will likely have at least one or two more updates, but i'm not yet sure if they'll be consecutive. There may be a Kaskaskia Update in between them, depending on how the city I'm building right now turns out. Thank you all for reading, all feedback is also very appreciated. I hope you enjoyed this update as much as I enjoyed making it.

- Jon -
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by RepublicMaster Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Those farms look amazing!
RepublicMaster
RepublicMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 111222333444 Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Wow nice D:
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b2gbi Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kskhead3
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia14b
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Bayoubreak1
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia15
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Bayoubreak2
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia16
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Bayoubreak3
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia17
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Bayoubreak4
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia18
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Bayoubreak5
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia19
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Bayoubreak6
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Kaskaskia20
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Bayoubreak7
Insulo and Kaskaskia (USNW) - Page 3 Bayoubottom
2b2gbi
2b2gbi
Former Simlympic Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Qorten Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Don't matter there's such a big gap when what we get is this good!

Qorten

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ggamgus Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 pm

I fully agree with Qorten. Quality over quantity! Very Happy
ggamgus
ggamgus

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by RepublicMaster Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Indeed Great stuff Jon Very Happy
RepublicMaster
RepublicMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next