SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will's Buildings

3 posters

Go down

Will's Buildings Empty Will's Buildings

Post by simsamerica Tue May 17, 2011 11:03 am

Now I think I might be able to BAT If I looked thoroughly enough into it i'll admit because this year i've taken a Tech Drawing class focusing heavily on AutoCAD, Revit and Inventor, also using Autodesk VIZ 08, which looks very similar to gmax.

However, in all this, I am honestly considering an architectural/Civil Engineering major in college, which is scary to think is only 2 years away, and in all that, my all time dream, is designing stadiums for HKS or Populous, look into them if you want, Populous has designed about 75% of the ballparks in the Major Leagues right now, and HKS is doing some pretty nice ones too. Despite the fact that I hate the sport of baseball (sorry Joe and Wacky), I absolutly love the stadiums they play it in, the diversity that can be built into them, even in one city (look up allentown's Limeport Stadium and BiCentenial Field for what i'm talking about, 153 feet difference to Dead Center? yeah Cool ) Anyway, I do have a personal copy of Revit and I figured that since 1/2 of the stuff I do is sports stadiums, it'd probably be the best site to do it on so lets start.
Currenty Projects

Old English Stadium
Soccer Stadium with inspiration from Craven Cottage which would fit into an old English City, Ipswich for instance, i'll need to redo the seating bowl and end up about 10,000. Probably will redo the whole thing because I was aiming for 20,000 but didn't do the math right. Also has a large clubhouse and "sporting club" area featuring a very small tennis stadium and an area for boxing training. I am underway redoing this as the third one listed...

Capitol National Speedway
Indoor Speedway, yes, inspired from a project they tried to do about ten years ago... twice... In Ohio and Pittsburgh. i'll post a link at the end of the post. however, i've only read the stuff at this link, and it really uses no ideas from them. The ventilation system would honestly be nature, a 20-40 foot gap between the top of the exterior wall and the actual roof... with an overhang Smile , course would be able to open and close it. Add some sound absorbent material in the roof, try and keep it light though. Capacity TBD, probably 70,000 -80,000, atleast 80 rows up. Already completed:
Tunnel to Car Hauler Enterence
Scoring Tower
Victory Lane
Banking
Pit Road Walls
Track Walls
Exterior Walls of Garage

Will's Buildings Capitolnationalraceway

Banking: I'll figure that out later
Length: .475 miles

Sports Complex 3
Stadium complex of the future... that looks of the past, brick exterior and all, contains a baseball stadium (Cap: 5,000 or so), tennis stadium (Cap: 1600-1700), and Soccer Stadium (Cap: 19,000-20,000 but haven't gotten to it yet). Still have to work out some support for the Baseball Stadium as I'm thinking of having a basketball arena under it

Will's Buildings SportsComplex35-16-10
Both the tennis stadium and Baseball Stadium,

Note: It takes forever to render on my computer so I'll only post those when i've pretty well finished my projects.

800x 1000+ enlarge for full effect Smile

Will
simsamerica
simsamerica

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-12-14

http://sc4united.darkbb.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Will's Buildings Empty Re: Will's Buildings

Post by K50 Tue May 17, 2011 12:48 pm

I'll be downloading these when they are done Smile

Great start Will, teach me your ways! Razz
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Same here, ill download them. Very Happy
Wacky32
Wacky32

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2010-01-12

http://sibf.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

they aren't bats, its a different program, just sports oriented architectural designs. Was my intro confusing? I didn't mean to make folks think I was batting.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Tue May 17, 2011 1:40 pm

simsamerica wrote:Now I think I might be able to BAT
B....b......BUT YOU SAID THE BAT WORD! Mad

You should try it! Razz
K50
K50
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Tue May 17, 2011 9:49 pm

I forgot a however... oops Embarassed don't you hate it when you thought you said something important but you accidently skipped over it... I have that class in a few hours, I always get stuff done like twice as fast as everyone else and usually get good grades on stuff so i'll try it then... maybe i'll do a race track kit since noone has yet.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by simsamerica Thu May 19, 2011 10:12 am

ok, well, If I get what my teacher put on the board because the class right before me is an architecture class (i'm in the first year class) and he left up on the board how to make a .dwg (the file format for this software) into an .stl through 3ds Max. If you don't get the .stl, its the file used to print something on a 3d printer, but I think that If everything lines up, I could import a .dwg and save it for BAT and LOT use, just need to know, what format do you save a file as in 3ds max or GMAX to use in BAT and LE?

Also, questions:

1. since I may be a "Cheating BATter" of sorts now, would anyone be up for lotting these creations?
2. And how big are the renderings usually from 3ds max? The structures would end up being anywhere from 400x400 upto 700x700... in feet and anywhere from 30-70 feet high*.

*If conversions are nesscecery i'll do them later.
simsamerica
simsamerica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum