SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SimSports
Why not login/register and join the conversation here at SimSports? It's simple, free and most of all allows you to compete in all the sports here.
SimSports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead?

+3
cormiermax
canuck3360
runnerguy347
7 posters

Go down

Dead? Empty Dead?

Post by runnerguy347 Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:38 pm

I find it sad to see something like this die. It brought out the creativity of a lot of good modelers, BATers and Lot editors. I hope that someday soon someone will pick up the reigns of this project.

runnerguy347

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Dead? Empty Re: Dead?

Post by canuck3360 Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:14 am

Sorry to say it was in the works for a while Real Life crept in on all of us. And this site had a lack of interest as a sports only community we could not keep people coming here and couldn't drum up enough reaching out to others as Unions wanted their own sports sections and games and well ST is it's own beast as is SC4D. I really truly do hope to one day find the community up and going again.
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Number of posts : 3503
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.sthockeyleague.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:36 am

It was a great place for me, and it brings back many happy memories to come back for nostalgia. Yes it's dead, but I think we've all moved on to bigger and better things. This place will always provide great memories, and for that I am grateful.
cormiermax
cormiermax
ISC Member
ISC Member

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by simcityguy78 Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:03 am

so whats going to Happen now
simcityguy78
simcityguy78

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:10 am

I'll try and keep this site up in the case that it can be re-born and also for historic/nostalgic purposes. Everyone pretty much does their own thing now Unions host their own games and for those who don't want in a union I don't know what or where you would go.
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by simcityguy78 Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:42 am

so does that mean that its all over so no more simlympics
simcityguy78
simcityguy78

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:13 pm

for now I'd say so I don't have the time or the spreadsheet generator to run it and Joe who has random number generator doesn't have the time either.
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitsune Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:31 am

so I come back after a great WOG and that the simlympics are comatose. There are issues that certainly derailed this.  You have to be or know someone that is a photoshop expert..  so that greatly eliminates a lot of potential hosts.... Union games have been around for a very very long time - I know of some before the Simlympics started, and  I honestly think there was a over saturation of the games. If things were to come back .. we would have to get the unions involved (whip them into a frenzy of my union is better at sports then yours etc).. the amount of games would have to be cut back to 1 winter and 1 summer a year... hence leaving plenty of time for those union games ... infact they could almost be a qualification for the real games sorta like the pan-ams, asian games etc are for the summer olympics. And as for hosts ... its almost best that someone on the ISC is a photoshop genius so those who are less fortunate can still bid (some people can build awesome cities but absolotly have no talent with photoshop or gimb). And lastly ... it wouldnt be that hard to rebuild the spreadsheets. In fact I think an idea would be to limit the amount of points for a sport to award those who are active... want to participate ? Better be quick. And lastly .. if a relaunch was to ever happen there would have to be a massive push on simtrop and sc4d.
Kitsune
Kitsune

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-02-27

http://www.glidingeagle.com

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Kitsune if you want I planned on keeping all this active I don't have the time I used to but have no issues if you want to pick up the flag and run with it. I truly want to see the games work I just have way too much on my plate with planning a wedding and work and looking at school and possibly starting a new career etc..... let me know what all you would want or need in a PM
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by simcityguy78 Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:49 am

what is going on to simsports is it going to continue because if it is i want to place a bid for the june simlympics
simcityguy78
simcityguy78

Back to top Go down

Post by canuck3360 Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:30 am

simcityguy78 wrote:what is going on to simsports is it going to continue because if it is i want to place a bid for the june simlympics

At the moment there is no plans for any games in the near future sorry to say.
canuck3360
canuck3360
ISC Executive
ISC Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by 111222333444 Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:21 pm

Sorry to be dead at this site.

The thing is that, stuff had been on steep decline recently, with some unions disappearing as if they never existed at all. Less people wanted to join a union and more want to consolidate their stuff on one site, primarily Simtropolis or etc.

That's my 2 cents Wink
Former Simlympic Host

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirron kcuhc Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:37 am

I'm sad to see the Simlympics are dead. I was going to give a go at hosting.

Though I'm glad that the Simlympics had lived as long as it had.
Sirron kcuhc
Sirron kcuhc

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by simcityguy78 Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:28 pm

I would like to say that if people wanted to start a sporting event again like the simlympics then i have a few ideas and i would be happy to share them. i think we could make a difference and get this site up and going again and i don't mind helping out because then this site can be for people who share a passion
simcityguy78
simcityguy78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum